Christmas has come and gone, the decorations are coming down and we're all back in the office, kicking off another busy year of skip hire.
And it will be a busy year â€“ at least, based on everything we got up to last year. Over the last 12 months we did plenty of research, planning, writing and designing to bring you news and stats from around the world, and put them into guides, graphics and blogs.
But before we get on with another year's work, we did a quick poll around the office and put together a list of our staff's favourite five things that we did last year â€“ enjoy!
- 1. Recycling week â€“ taking place in late June last year, recycling week was a chance for us to not only tidy up our own office, but share some tips with you on how you can help your work go green. Click here to find out more about recycling week, and here to see what we got up to in AMA Towers.
- 2. Supermarket waste â€“ following in the wake of countless TV and celebrity-led campaigns, we took a look at how much waste is produced by UK supermarkets, and what can be done about it. Even just scratching the surface during our research revealed staggering amounts of food being wasted â€“ rubbing salt into the wounds of the UK recession and widespread reliance on food banks. Thankfully, some progress was made on the issue throughout 2015 â€“ and we produced a follow-up blog here to bring you the latest.
- 3.Guide to starting a construction company â€“ keen to help our customers get their own businesses up and running, and encourage green business right from the start, we produced a PDF guide to starting a construction company. You can read the blog post announcing it here, or click here to skip straight to the guide.
- 4.Spring cleaning â€“ it's almost time for us to break out the feather dusters once more â€“ so we've included spring cleaning in our list to help you make a head start. Last year we gave you some tips about cleaning â€“ how to make the biggest change with the least effort, and, of course, how to be green whilst you do it.
- 5.New website â€“ okay, so this isn't exactly waste-related, but our brand-new website is certainly something we're proud of. Nicer to look at and much easier for our customers to use â€“ the new site (the one you're looking at right now!) will make it easier for you to find and read our blogs and news, as well as check skip hire prices and find out more about all our services.
We might have had a bumper year in 2015, but there's plenty to look forward to going into 2016. Not only have we got another recycling week, a whole calendar of waste events to plan, and lots more lovely customers to meet and help, but there's sure to be plenty more in the news about recycling, waste and the environment â€“ we can't wait!
Happy New Year from all of us at AMA Skip Hire â€“ have a fantastic 2016!